The Culinary Coordinator Intern will play a pivotal role in enhancing the employee experience during our busy season by managing evening meals for our staff of Monday-Friday from February to mid-April. This role involves coordinating with staff regarding meal preferences and restrictions, managing a related budget, preparing a calendar for staff, working with vendors, ordering meals, being on hand to receive, handle setup and cleanup each evening, as well as seek and process feedback from staff on offerings.
DURATION OF INTERNSHIP: February to Mid-April [exact dates to be determined]
WORK HOURS: Monday through Thursday approximately 5 pm – 8:00 pm.
- Professional, fast-paced, and collaborative.
- Casual attire is acceptable.
- Secured floor.
- Located in downtown Indianapolis with paid attached garage parking.
SUPERVISION: The intern will report to our training and development HR specialist.
EVALUATION: Performance feedback will be provided throughout the experience with formal evaluations at the midpoint and conclusion of the internship.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested candidates should submit their resume and a brief cover letter to Anna Stumpf, Training and Development Specialist.
- Minimum $15 per hour
- Paid garage parking
- Free dinner every shift
Preference will be given to candidates who can receive college credit for this internship.
- Enrolled in a college program, preferably in Business, Hospitality, Event Management, or related field.
- Previous experience in hospitality, food services or a similar role is advantageous.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to manage a budget and work within financial constraints with supervision.
- Ability to work onsite in downtown Indianapolis.
- Coordination and Communication: Interact with staff to collect and manage meal preferences and dietary restrictions.
- Budget Management: Oversee the budget for meals, ensuring optimal use of resources.
- Calendar Management: Create and maintain a meal calendar, ensuring alignment with staff schedules and firm activities.
- Meal Management: Order, receive, set up, and clean up meals five nights per week.
- Logistical Oversight: Ensure smooth operations from meal arrival to clean-up.
- Gain hands-on experience in event and logistics management.
- Learn about budget management in a real-world setting.
- Develop communication and coordination skills within a professional environment.
ABOUT BGBC PARTNERS, LLP
BGBC Partners is an Indianapolis-based CPA and advisory firm with global capabilities and reach. Today we are over 70 strong consisting of CPAs, advisors, and dedicated staff members. We are also proud to be a founding member of the BDO Alliance USA program, an international network of independent accounting and consulting firms.
BGBC has been named one of IndyStar’s Top Workplaces for the past 6 years and we are proud to be a high-energy, client-focused firm. We are passionate about our client’s success as well as the professional growth and achievement of our employees—our purpose is to help our people reach their full potential.
BGBC Partners, LLP is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.