JOB TYPE: Full-time
SCHEDULE: 8-hour shift, Monday – Friday, Overtime
SUPPLEMENTAL PAY TYPES: Annual Bonus
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
EXPERIENCE: 2+ Years of tax-related experience (industry or Public Accounting) with an emphasis on State and Local Income Tax and/or sales and use tax.
WORK LOCATION: Indianapolis, IN(Hybrid Schedule) or Remote
BGBC Partners, LLP is seeking a Senior Accountant to specialize in State and Local Sales Tax. As a State and Local Tax team member, this candidate should be a motivated tax professional with strong business acumen in this focused area. The successful candidate should have technical expertise in state sales tax matters as well as thrive at delivering excellent client service. This is a dynamic opportunity in a growing team and will provide tremendous career opportunities in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to coordinate and maintain follow-up on a number of projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and be resourceful
- Deliver exceptional client service
- Perform diversified state and local tax assignments under the direction of managers, or partners
- Provide compliance preparation/review related to sales tax return filings.
- Provide consulting assistance related to nexus studies and taxability research
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards
- Collaborate with state and local tax team members and client staff to effectively meet and exceed client expectations
BGBC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. We have been named one of IndyStar’s Top Workplaces for the past five years and are proud to be a high-energy, client-focused firm. We are passionate about our client’s success as well as the professional growth and achievement of our employees—our purpose is to help our people reach their full potential.
Today we are over 70 strong consisting of CPAs, advisors, and dedicated staff members. We are also proud to be a founding member of the BDO Alliance USA program, an international network of independent accounting and consulting firms.
BENEFITS INCLUDE: 401(k) & 401(k) matching, Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Schedule, Generous Paid Time Off, Hybrid Schedule
BGBC Partners, LLP is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.